Made-In-Rwanda’s best and brightest gathered at Onomo Hotel to receive awards in an event organized by East African Youth Development Agency in a bid to recognize individuals, companies and institutions that have contributed to the country’s economic growth by creating and promoting Rwanda’s domestic products, both locally and internationally.

The awards were given out in ten competitive categories, with five special recognition awards for Lifestyle, Fashion, and Innovation.

During the selection, 60% of votes were from the net while the remaining 40% were to be given by a special panel of judges. Another category was the people’s Choice, which involved a person who was voted most from the public.

Notable public figures from entertainment and media were found at the event. Yannick Mukunzi, a player from Rayon Sports was awarded as ‘Best Fashionable Male Celebrity, Songbird Knowless Butera was awarded as ‘Best Fashionable Female Celebrity’ while DJ Pius was awarded for making the ’Fashionable music video of the year’.

Kamanzi Uwizera Gloria who spoke in the name of the organizers said that the event was organized in a way of encouraging the young & creative minds of Rwanda, and use the event as an opportunity to promote Rwanda’s products, both locally and internationally.

“The Made-in-Rwanda awards will be an annual event, as a way of expressing gratitude towards those who promote ‘Made-In-Rwanda’ products.” Kamanzi Uwizera Gloria said

2018 Made-in-Rwanda Awards winners

Best Fashionable Female Celebrity: Knowless Butera

Best Fashionable Male Celebrity: Yannick Mukunzi

Best Fashion Video: “Wabulilawa”- DJ Pius

Best Female Model: Djazira Munyaneza

Best Male Model: Sekamana Eric

Best Creative Fashion Designer: Tanga Designs

Best Local Fashion House: Moshions

People’s Choice: Makeup artist – Fancy Liner

Best Fashion Promoters: Rwanda Culture Fashion

Best Hair Stylish: Mirror Salon

Best Makeup Artist: ASM

Best Photographer: Luqman Mahoro

Best Fashion Boutique: Masha Boutique

Best Showbiz Show: Sunday Night

July 31, 2018

Written by:

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *